About FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course (PCQI)
Does your company export food products to the USA?
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCHF ) regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. PCHF regulation is applicable to any processor/ manufacturer of food that is going to be sold in the US.
The regulation states that anyone working with food that will be sold in the US must develop and implement a "system" that must be in compliance with the requirements of the regulation, as applicable to any company.
The Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual” (PCQI) who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls”. By taking the course you will meet the requirements for a preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI).
This is a 20-hour course that will be taught by a US- based FSPCA/FDA Lead Instructor in 5 afternoon sessions of 4 teaching hours each. The language of course instruction is English.
The training is based on the requirements put forward by the American (US Food and Drug Administration - FDA) Food & Drug Administration (FDA), which means all the food safety related requirements your company should be aware of before entering the American market. We will among other things touch upon:
- An introduction to preventive controls
- Overview of food safety plans
- Summary of current GMP and other prerequisite programs
- Biological hazards to food safety
- Chemically, physically and economically motivated hazards
- Preventive controls, a new approach to the 7 principles of HACCP
- Verification, validation and registration procedures
- Procedures of withdrawal/recall
- Overview of the regulation
- The platform used for the course sessions is Zoom. It will be very important that all participants download the Zoom App into their computers and create a free account to use all the functionality of the platform.
- All attendees must have a computer with a working camera and microphone. It is the FDA/FSPCA requirement that the attendees’ cameras and microphones are always on during the training.
- It is required by FDA/FSPCA that the trainer record the training for the auditing purposes. (If audited, the trainer needs to be able to prove that all registered attendees where present for the duration of the course and that they participated in the exercises of the course).
All employees in companies processing food products responsible for the safety of the products. The training course is also relevant for quality and development professionals, auditors of food safety processes, food industry consultants, key employees in the food safety supply chain for example within maintenance and distribution, and anyone that wants to increase its knowledge on a wider approach to use the HACCP's 7 principles.
Since the FSPCA requires to have evidence of participation and presence during the entire course, you will be asked to activate your laptop camera during the whole session. The training will be recorded, please send your permission to record to email@example.com