This one-day course will help you understand the principles of food safety culture, The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) introduced the idea of a food safety culture in version 7 of its benchmarking requirements, catapulting this concept into the spotlight, since the GFSI is the motor behind a wide range of certification schemes, from IFS and BRC to FSSC 22000 and beyond. Understanding how to approach food safety culture to ensure compliance and stay in sync with industry trends and customer expectations means understanding 3 basic questions:
- Why food safety culture?
- What exactly is food safety culture?
- How can organizations implement it effectively?
MålThis course was designed to allow you the opportunity to learn about the concepts and elements related to the Culture of Quality and Food Safety, based on the main standards and publications in Food Safety and Human Behaviour. The course covers the following specific learning objectives:
- Understand the combination of valuable concepts that are able to effectively support the reduction of outbreaks of Food Borne Diseases and consequently improve food safety performance in the Organization, integrating human behaviour, the Culture of the Organization and the Food Safety Management System.
- Understand the meaning of culture, from the organizational point of view and its relationship with behaviour, at all levels of the organization.
- Understand the role of leadership in maturing the Food Safety Culture.
- Know how the use of recognition can influence and strengthen behaviour change initiatives.
- Improve knowledge about tools that can help accelerate Behaviour Change in the Organization associated with Food Safety programs.